Sports & Fitness Programs
Sports and fitness programs at the Boys & Girls Clubs build sportsmanship, encourage teamwork and promote constructive use of leisure time through athletic leagues, individual sports and social competence.
Among the programs offered at the clubs are:
- Basketball - Activities include Inter-club leagues for all ages that helps teach the basic skill and a sense of teamwork to all club members.
- Flag Football- Activities include inter-club leagues for all ages which helps teach the basic football skills needed to perform as a team
- Tennis- Members 10 and under are offered the USTA QUICK START initiative that helps beginners learn the basic skills of tennis using low impact or sponge tennis balls. Members learn tennis on a on a smaller court with an emphasis on the basics.
- Golf -Available to members of all ages with instruction supplied by PGA certified professionals at the First Tee of the Palm Beaches members learn about the nine core values of the First Tee as well as the fundamentals of the golf swing, including chipping, putting & the full swing.
- Dribble Dish & Swish- A national program sponsored by the National Basketball Association. This competition is open to boys & girls ages 7 - 12. The winners of each age division then advance to the next level and play against winners from other area competitions.
To become a partner with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County and support our sports and fitness programs, please contact Mr. Vlad Gawlikowski, Health, Sport & Fitness Coordinator at (561) 801-2418 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Current 2016-2017 Partnerships include: