The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Glades Area
at Canal Point Elementary School
37000 Main Street
Canal Point, FL 33438
Phone: (561) 924-9838
Club Director: Mozelle Biggs
Membership Profile 2017-2018
- Total membership: 99
- 54% are boys and 46% are girls
- 93% are African-American, 3% are Hispanic and 1% are Native American
- 82% live in single parent or non-traditional households
- 96% of our Club members qualify for free or reduced lunch at school
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 2 - 6 p.m.
School break locations may vary but are usually hosted at several of Glades area school-based club sites each year.
- Six school-based sites including: Belle Glade Elementary, Glade View, Pioneer Park, Gove, Canal Point Elementary (in Canal Point), and Rosenwald (in South Bay.)
- Cafeteria, gymnasium, outdoor play areas, technology centers, Rent-A-Center Library, basketball courts, arts & crafts, prevention-based program rooms.
- $30 annual membership fee for school year
- Affordable fees for extended programs (summer/spring/winter)
- Nominal fees for transportation
- Scholarships available
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County works to help youth of all backgrounds develop the qualities needed to become responsible citizens and leaders. The Club offers daily access to a broad range of programs in six core program areas: character and leadership development; education and career development; health and life skills; the arts; sports and fitness; and technology.
- 21st Century Programs-Academic Enrichment
- Arts & Crafts
- Character Education
- Computer and Technology Education
- Cultural Arts
- Daily homework help
- Daily inside and outside recreation
- Dancing Classes
- Health and Wellness
- Leadership Programs
- Prevention programs
- Sports & Fitness
- Summer/Spring/Winter camps
- Tutoring with certified teachers
In September 1994, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County proposed an outreach and partnership program to all Glades’ area schools.
By December, an agreement was reached for the Club to assume the operation of after sc::hool programs in three elementary schools in Belle Glade.
Over the years, the Glades’ area Boys & Girls Club grew to encompass six school-based sites and one stand-alone facility, serving more than 1,200 youth through programs and outreach. A majority of the clubs offer both a before-school care and an after-school care program.
Through a new Family Services Coordinator Initiative, the Clubs offer a monthly education and family fun night for all parents and guardians of the youth it serves. Among the programs offered are Family Game Nights, Family Movie Nights, Parenting Seminars, Programs on Bullying, and Financial Literacy.
Praise the Lord for the Glades Boys & Girls Clubs. Whoever thought of adding the family program to the Club is a genius. We are having so much fun. We receive useful information and links to community resources like summer camp scholarship, clothing vouchers and food." Arnetha; Club Parent