1. Culture and Tradition: Depicting the events, activities, stories and social gatherings that make up our world, these photographs might show the daily life of a family, or the traditions and emerging trends that define a group.
2. Surroundings: These photographs depict our physical surroundings, whether it’s natural beauty or the streets .
3. Portraits: Portraits are a representation of a person or people in which the facial expression is predominant, providing insight into personality, mood and style.
• Local Contest (March 1, 2019) – Club members ages 6-18 can participate in the photography contest. The first place winners in the three categories and four age groups are sent on to the regional competitions.
• Regional Contest (April - May) – Local Clubs submit photographs and competitions are conducted in six regional locations in May and June. First place photographs go to the national contest.
• National Contest (June - July) – The top photographs in each of four age groups and five categories are selected as national winners. Each national winner’s picture is displayed on the virtual gallery.